Thursday 21 November 2013

Conscious decision

I don't want what everyone else is having. I don't want to contribute to landfill by buying clothing that has built-in obsolescence and is made in an unsafe environment by people who are not paid a fair and living wage. I made a conscious decision many years ago to not support any business that values profits over people and the environment. This is extremely important to me. It is for this reason that I buy and wear second-hand, vintage, handmade or fairly traded clothing, or if I can't find what it is that I want, I make it myself. I love that each piece has it's own story - one that I can share with others when asked "Where did you buy that? I love it!" 

I think getting dressed every day should be fun and our clothing should make our souls smile.


♥ Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment